Tue, 21 Jun|
Raising attainment with manipulatives KS1
The power of manipulatives is using them to get greater depth every day. This workshop looks at the key chokepoints for learning and unpicks how to transform your maths teaching in the process. Suitable for teachers and HLTAs £50 Book 2 delegates and get 2nd half price.
Time & Location
21 Jun 2022, 09:30 – 12:00
Brightspace Ipswich, Hadleigh Rd, Ipswich IP2 0HH, UK
About The Event
This workshop will help teachers to be clear about how to engage the whole class with manipulatives to not only support but also to challenge the more able.
Delegates will learn how to continue good practice from EYFS and understand the key pedagogical concepts of subitising and number sense which make concrete resources so powerful for learning new concepts. The CPA approach is a big part of this workshop with a large part also including the pictorial as well as the concrete.
- what resources to use and when
- accessing mathematical proof
- how to mix concrete and paper method
- manipulatives for reasoning
- class organisation for manipulatives/ recording learning not in books
- displaying learning
- using manipulatives for assessment
- supporting and going deeper
- CPA - how to get it right
£50 per person
Book 2 delegates and get 2nd half price.